I’ve been wanting a Bernina 1008 for ages now, but at £650 new I’ve had to wait, luckily by waiting and being patient on eBay I won one for £280! Bargain!
My new Bernina runs like a dream, but she’s no-where near as pretty as ‘Betty’ my 1964 Singer.
I did some googling and Pinterest research and there weren’t many ‘blinged/pimped/decorated/embellished’ machines but here are the one’s I found:
This post from Dee*Construction was one of my absolute faves!
I really liked this one and thought I could maybe do something similar but with sewing patterns instead.
However, in the end I decided to treat myself to some Liberty print fabrics and modge podge and this is what I have done… I’m really pleased with the result, what do you think?
‘Betsy’ the Bernina before her make-over
‘Betsy’ after her Liberty print make-over
Liberty print Bernina close up
Liberty print Bernina dials
Liberty print Bernina more dials!
I’d love to know what you think!
If you haven’t had chance head on over to RMW to check out the Real Brides 2014 finalists entries.
Competition is tough, but you should take your time to read through all the entries and get to know all the finalists.
Voting runs to Midnight on Tuesday so you need to get over there quick!
Can’t wait to see who gets through!
Amy C xxx
What I’ve been doing:
- On Monday I unpacked and sorted everything from the Wedding Fair and sorted my craft room out.
- On Monday I also sorted out my Inbox, which is a place of pure chaos. I did a mass delete of old emails, created some folders in my Inbox and sorted most of the emails I wanted to keep. At then end I was losing the will to live! I had over 4,000 emails to sort through! Yes really! So I put the last 2,000 into a folder called ‘Needs Sorting’ and now my Inbox is clean and tidy and I plan on keeping it that way by immediately deleting anything thats irrelevant, unsubscribing from lists i don’t ned to be on, flagging emails I want to come back to, responding immediately to anything that requires a response, and then filing emails in their appropriate folders.How do you stay on top of all your email? (PS my Inbox is still super tidy! Only 8 emails! The rest have been deleted or filed)
- Tuesday through Friday was the day job, walking the dog, trying to eat healthily, catching up with friends and spending time with the Hubbie.
Posts I’ve loved:
(In case you hadn’t noticed HeartHandMade is one of my fave places right now!)
Some crafts I’d like to try
Some things I’m lusting after
I keep seeing this ‘Steam-a-seam’ stuff on sewing tutorials! Saw it over on The Sweetest Occasion
today I need some in my life! Anyone know of a UK supplier?!
This weekend I’l mostly be:
- buying fabric for the new dressmaking patterns I have just bought
- Buying acrylic medium and getting some pics laser-printed so I can do that A Beautiful Mess photo transfer method
- Celebrating the upcoming nuptials of one of my most beautiful friends at a non-hen hen party
- Reading all the profiles of the potential Rock My Wedding Real Brides 2014, choosing my fave and casting my vote
What are you up to????
Inspired by Rock My Wedding’s recent post about Wedding Signage I thought I’d show you some of the signs from our wedding last June!
Ceremony venue (a surprise from my bridesmaids!)
Ceremony venue (a surprise from my mum and sis!)
A signpost pointing to all the places our guests had travelled from with the distance they had travelled
Our school blackboard seating plan
Blackboard dinner menu
Our ‘Gin Bar Menu’
It wasn’t until I put this post together that I realised how many signs we had at our wedding!
All of the signs were made by me or our guests.
What do you think of them? Which is your fave?
My fave is the signpost showing where everyone came from and how far they had travelled! My fab husband found all the bearings for each destination and my lovely father-in-law and brother-in-law spent ages using a compass to make sure that each one was pointing in the right direction! That and the school blackboard….in fact I love them all!